Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Kills

The new Kills album, No Wow, is like an album of love songs with all the romance of a seedy strip club. W's sensuous, almost bluesy vocals have the allure and raw sex of an erotic dancer while Hotel's mechanical neo-new wave beats are a reminder that you can't touch. Hotel's fuzzy garage guitar is just enough edge to make the whole thing even more dark and unsettling. "Murdermile" and "Dead Road 7" are particularly dark, but the whole set makes you feel like your brain is, to borrow from Jim Morrison, "squirming like a toad."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I listened to it once today, I'll listen to it a few more times before I really comment about it, but so far it strikes me as living in the same town as Nick Cave and PJ Harvey.

Mostly, I just wanted to tell you that I'm glad you overcame your drama queen tendencies. "I am without anything to say. The agony becomes intolerable. I shall never... NEVER post again."

That was a close call... you almost got downgraded to "sporadic".

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home