Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Joy Division re-issues and box set

I posted a few days back about the upcoming Joy Division releases from Rhino. It all sounded great until I saw the price of the box set: $200! The individual LPs are only $18 each for the single LPs and $50 for the double LP (Still), so they want an additional $114 for the box? Frankly, even limited to 2000 copies, I don't see that as a good buy and it doesn't seem like they offer anything spectacular for the extra money. I'll pass on this one.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger taotechuck said...

I've always had a soft spot for Rhino, but I have to give them the finger on this one. If they have to sell 2,000 of these things to recoup costs and turn a profit, then they should bump the number up to 4,000 and sell them for $100 each. Or, if they're really going to ask that much, then there should be something pretty extraordinary in the package.

I guess the art world has been pulling this kind of crap for years, though, with catalogs and books that cost a near mint. Joy Division is as much of a crossover into the art culture as any band could be, so it's not surprising that Rhino would cash in on the niche market.

But I still give them the finger. This is supposed to be rock and roll, not high fucking culture.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home