Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Here's a few videos to remind everyone that protest is patriotism.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Fortunate Son"


MC5 - "American Ruse"


COC - "Intervention"


Edwin Starr - "War"


Phil Ochs - "I Ain't Marchin' Anymore"


Patti Smith - "People Have the Power"


Billy Bragg - "Help Save the Youth of America"


Fugazi - "Repeater"


Public Enemy - "Fight the Power"


and last but not least...

Woody Guthrie - "This Land is Your Land"

(I apologize that the really great verse is missing from this version)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

Great videos! You captured a theme here for sure. I love "War" its simple lyrics and beat are so powerful you can FEEL the song. I mentioned it today on my blog in a Bruce thing I did (he does it justice in concert but no one does it like Edwin Starr)

3:59 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Very nice collection you have here. Even incorporating the great Phil Ochs. I'm trying to think of my favorite protest song right now but there are so many choices. "Fortunate Son" would probably be competing for first though.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, seeing Mike Dean just made my day.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

the protesting IS patriotism line is right on

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home