Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Video: Christmas Classics

The Kinks' "Father Christmas" is still my favorite song for the season. It's fun, it rocks and it has an important message to boot.


This is one of the saddest, but there's hope in there too.


Blues Traveler added this ??????????????????????. (Sorry it's not really a video)


U2's version of "I Believe in Father Christmas" is easier to take than Greg Lake's original.


But, so as not to offend the many Greg Lake fans, here's his version.


No one knows the spirit of giving better than Slade after they gave Quiet Riot a career. But here's their rock n roll Christmas classic.


Sadly, this one still rings true.


On one hand, Run DMC's "Christmas in Hollis" is a holiday novelty, but that groove can't be beat.


This one is for my wife. (She hates the Boss. Ha, ha.)


Merry Christmas everyone!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fairytale always gets me. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year man.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally forgot about that amazing Run DMC Christmas tune. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I have to remember that for next year. Here are my top 10 holiday ROCK tunes:

http://gearsofrock.wordpress.com/2008/12/19/legendary-songs-of-rock-for-your-christmas-playlist-2008-edition/

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home