Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Review: Foo Fighters - "Best of You"

Label: BMG
Released: May 2005 (on Rhapsody)

I've listened to this track a few times now and it's good. Just like every Foo Fighters song is good. But it makes me realize why I always find my way abck to the first two albums when I feel like listening to them. All the albums are good, but they're also all very much the same. Foo Fighters have become a bit of a one-trick pony. Everything from the songwriting to the production has changed very little (if at all) in the last ten years.

Of course, it's still better than listening to Nirvana.

Rating: 6/10

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

The parting shot alone was worth reading this review! I feel the same way, even as I listened to One By One incessantly when I first got it. I now reach for the first two whenever my finger glides along them on the shelf.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I desperately need some insight on this song. Believe it or not, I had a friend who just unexpectedly committed suicide. His roommate (who was in his 50s and not into "rock") told us that he recalls that he listened to Best of You over and over and over like 20 times a day for about a month beforehand before his overdose.
What does this song mean?
Please write you answer to
wildwestwoman98@yahoo.com
Thanks so much for your time,
Colleen

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home